(Graphic Designer / Video Editor / Writer)
Content Specialist (temp to perm position)
NOTE: This Content Specialist position is an entry-level multimedia content creation position located in Shelton, CT. Upon hiring the first 3 months are temp to perm with the intent of full time hiring.
At Peralta Design (PD), we launch brands by combining world-class design, website development and digital marketing services to help our clients reach their next destination. We’re an MBE-certified marketing agency and we pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking and inclusive company that has developed a rock-solid culture of honesty, integrity and transparency.
For the Content Specialist position, we are looking to hire someone who is passionate about communicating by any means necessary. No matter the social media platform, no matter the medium, the ideal candidate for this position is ready to grow and apply their creative skills in graphic design, video editing and writing to help local businesses and nonprofits build their audiences.
*Special consideration to any applicants who have created their own YouTube channel or have done creative work for sales or conversion based marketing and can show prior work examples!
The Content Specialist:
- Videography or design education OR equivalent relevant experience, all applicants will be asked to provide recent content examples
- Proficient in the following Adobe Creative Suite programs and eager to continue to learn and evolve in other efficient and effective ways to make content: Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, mobile creator apps and in app editing (Instagram story creation, TikTok editing etc.)
- Has an ability to make relevant content across all platforms and has experience in all three of these areas: graphic design, video editing and script or copywriting
- Uses and creates on social media regularly
- Shows a demonstrable passion, curiosity and experience in making creative content on social media platforms – Tweets, TikTok videos, Instagram visuals, Youtube edits
- Responsible, accountable, deeply passionate about their own personal interests and hobbies, and of course kind, compassionate and empathetic because you love the magic of collaboration
- Preferred: Has prior sales and marketing experience
The Job Is:
- Creating emotional, impactful, objective or conversion oriented content for one of the many brands that Peralta Design services
- Mastering the ability to turn any branded content into a volume of social gold (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Working with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery – from a collection of photography to short video clips – and turning them content assets built for individual platforms and audiences
- Collaborating with our creative and strategy teams to create and manipulate video, a plethora of photography, social copy, gifs, short clips, streaming stories etc.
- Honing your design, editing and blurb writing skills utilizing standard industry software and social platforms
- Wrangling and rolling with your teammates to service rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, interpreting and acting on quantitative and qualitative results, all while keeping a clear, enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards content creation
US based applicants only
The next step is a content creation challenge. Please keep an eye on your spam folder!
Temp to Perm
Creators will be hired on a temp to perm basis with the temporary role to extend no longer than 3 months. As a temporary employee this will be an hourly paid position and will not initially be eligible for benefits.
NOTE ON THE HIRING TIMELINE:
This is a rolling admissions process. We want to encourage qualified and interested applicants to apply to show your interest. When the hiring need arises, we will reach out to you for next steps, which will be a timed content creation challenge. We appreciate your interest and patience.
Peralta Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that Peralta Design provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you’re a good fit for our squad.